Matt & Annél Strydom is a South African couple with two beautiful kids.
They've both always loved traveling and they're now a full time travelling family. Their excitement about what House Sitting offers, their successful background in course development and their love to help others grow and succeed, made creating this course the obvious thing to do.
Their journey as house sitters have taken them far and wide, including large parts of Europe, Ireland, USA and even as remotely as the tropical island of Mauritius! (It's next to Madagascar, look it up!)
How House Sitting became a game changer for us
Travelling has always been part of our lives but we wanted to make it part of our lifestyle. When we decided to take the plunge and start longer term/full time travelling as a family, one of our biggest headaches was accommodation. It's fine to book into a hotel if you go on a quick 7 day trip, but travelling for longer periods is different.
When we started planning for our first long term trip, we found that the accommodation issue was two fold for us. Firstly, hotel/guesthouse stay costs can add up very quickly! We would also much rather spend our money on local fun activities and adventures, wouldn't you? The second part is that we prefer to have a homely environment with all the modern conveniences and space that we're used to. This is definitely not what the standard hotel room or villa offers.
After a lot of research we decided to give House Sitting a go, and we absolutely loved it! It exceeded all our expectations and became our go-to option when travelling.
Just a few of the things we love about House Sitting:
- We travel as locals, stay in local homes and experience life as the locals do. We use the local postal service, hair salon, buy from the local butcher and baker, get to know them and make new friends along the way.
- We only visit the "touristy" areas when and for how long we choose to. We prefer to walk along the streets of Paris on a Tuesday morning (when the museums are free and the crowds are working!) and would rather spend Saturday mornings shopping at the local market or at the local park playing with the kids.
- We stay in a "real home" with pets to cuddle, enough space and all the modern luxuries that we love. Everything from washer/dryer to good wifi and fully equipped kitchen makes it infinitely more comfortable than a hotel room.
- Many of the houses we've looked after had gardens (even if they were small) where we could relax, have a BBQ and the kids could play. Some even have swimming pools and fully stocked playrooms to give both the kids and mom a break!
- We often get use of a car - FOR FREE! That gives us huge savings and flexibility.
We've been very successful with getting great house sits and with our background in course development, education and training, we just had to put together this comprehensive course to help you be successful.
Disclaimer: Everyone is different and results may differ from person to person
What the Complete House Sit Course will offer:
In this course, with 10 Sections and 40+ lectures, we will walk you through every step of the process to become a Pro House Sitter, which will help reduce your world travel cost.
We will help you progress from an amateur house sitter to a confident, pro house sitter and help you towards landing your first house sit. You will get access to our tried and tested checklists and guides to help you throughout the process.